Music Theory Basics (Part 1) | Understanding Chord Progressions | Beginner Guitar Lesson #21

Get my FREE Beginner Guitar Mini Course!
►https://guitarzoom.com/freestuff/top5acousticchords-youtube

You can find the rest of the beginner guitar lessons in this playlist:
► https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn8Cg_n-kuKAjz8DJwy-WAnue0NHBleSD

Do you want to learn how to play guitar?
This is Steve Stine’s Beginner Guitar Lesson Series created specifically for YouTube, and it offers you the opportunity to learn how to play the guitar for the absolute beginner.

In this guitar lesson, Steve Stine discusses “chord progressions” and which chords go good together when you play songs.
This is the first step into useful “music theory”, and Steve will discuss the concept of the I IV V chord progression, which is one of the most common chord progressions in popular music.

Learning this information can help you better understand the song you want to play, learn to play by ear, and learn to anticipate what a song or another guitar player might play.

In these videos, Steve uses:
Hawk Guitar Picks (TB6)
Martin HD28 Acoustic Guitar
Hughes and Kettner Era 1 Acoustic Amp

This series of guitar lessons for beginners covers topics like: how to tune your guitar, how to hold your guitar, parts of the guitar, how to hold the guitar pick, how to strum, how to play your first guitar chords, how to play songs, learning the notes on the guitar, and so much more.

#stevestineguitar #guitarzoom #stevestine

Comments

Steve Stine Guitar Lessons says:

Get my FREE Beginner Guitar Mini Course!

You can find the rest of the beginner guitar lessons in this playlist:

In these videos, Steve uses:
Hawk Guitar Picks (TB6)
Martin HD28 Acoustic Guitar
Hughes and Kettner Era 1 Acoustic Amp

Sheetal Dubey says:

How we will the major and minor chord progression…. Means how we'll arrange the chords to practice…..
Like for c major, C F G C will be played and if we want to play a minor then which one should we add in this… 2nd,3rd or 6th from c's major scale….. Pls help me to know

Dean Miniken says:

Steve: fun, yep – enjoying the ride, yep – learning, big time! Thanks man!

Captain Scurvy says:

This may be explained in another video, but why do we not want the 2nd & 3rd notes of a particular key? If I'm in the key of A, am I not "allowed" to play B & C?

Joshua Meeker says:

Hey Steve, my deepest thank you for your lessons. I have been trying to progress further but always felt like I'm missing the fundamentals of music theory. You make it simple and easy to understand 🙂

marty mcfly says:

FINALLY I UNDERSTOOD WHAT THOSE C G D A AND ALL OTHER CHORDS STAND FOR AND WHAT THEY MEAN THANK GOD IVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THESE FOR A LONG TIME

Patrick Falcone says:

The way these tutorials are patiently explained in a non-condescending "fast pace onto the next" breakdown stages, makes sitting down, watching and learning enjoyable… The doors have been open. Keep em coming steve, U R the MAN.!!!

trade0714 says:

This is a great lesson for beginners like me. I finally understand how a basic 1-4-5 chord progression is figured. And that 6th minor chord too. Yes, it will get more "complicated" later but if I understand this then I can understand the rest.

Miguel Rico says:

This video is excellent.

Sadegh Hamadi says:

Hi Steve, thank you for your wonderful lessons! I have been playing for a while now but I think I am stuck at beginner level and dont know how to progress to next level. I can play plenty of chords with ease, strumming is (almost) fine, and play many songs (not hard ones of course). Not many scales yet (I dont even know their use!) and power chords and soloing yet 🙁
Please advise!
cheers

Al X says:

This whole series is great! You explain things really well. When can we expect lessons 22 and up?

Shelly Ann says:

Hands down the best lessons on YouTube. I like that the videos are short and orderly yet jam packed with information. Thank you for explaining it in a way that is easy to understand. It Is all starting to make sense!

IN3 says:

Thanks Steve, you have taught me so much. You are a very good teacher