Get Started Fast with Pro Tools | First — Episode 2

Building a session from scratch

Get started with composing, recording, editing, and mixing music with a free version of Pro Tools, the industry’s most trusted and used DAW.

Download your free copy of Pro Tools | First at http://www.avid.com/ptfirst.

Comments

Ashmit Singh says:

i can't hear any sound apart from bass in this application!!! why?

Alain Guerra says:

Question: do you can use third party plugins in pro tools first? If it yes, how this works. Thanks

Brina Will says:

Do I need to buy pro tools for my  screen to behave like yours.

Brina Will says:

I'm having trouble following you. How were you able to stretch your voice recording? Mine does not do that.

Mark Hermanson says:

these videos have been a huge help, thank you

Houston Zizza says:

SO AFTER YOU RECORD MIDI THREW XPAND ON AN INSTRUMENT TRACK, HOW TO DO YOU GET THE MIDI TO BECOME AN AUDIO TRACK SO YOU CAN ADD INSERTS???????

Bando Makaveli says:

ive been doing this and nothing is working for me so this is my set up
I have a

apollo twin DUO connected to my iMac

I have a TLM102 mic connected to the interface and it still isn't working  heres a quick list of whats not working in my bed

-Cant hear my audio when plug into the interface (keep in mind I do not have monitors only headphones)

-when I hit record on PRO TOOLS FIRST nothing happens it doesn't record at all also when I do this the mic almost starts to screech it happened twice really fast and I shut it down completely because I didn't want anything to blow please get back to me trying to figure this out thank you!

Mad Musicologist says:

5'46": How do I get the inserts column displayed? In the edit window I don't see them. – Above the comumn showing the tracks, there is a small icon to the eytreme left, right under the timeline. click on that to open the dialogue of what's going to be displayed. (If you don't do this, you'd have to change over to the mix window.)

Claudio Rizzonelli says:

Please help when I try to press the key from the midi controller sound doesn't come out

Bricago says:

Avid, where are you with all of these reported errors?

Heather Dew says:

4:07– interface doesn't show as an option for input (just bus) everything is plugged in and green 🙁

swankrecords says:

There has been an error. You accidently bought ProTools instead of Live or Bigwig.

Josh Josh Spangler says:

Error 6009 when I try to put the thing in record.That's as far as I get. I think I'll just go back to Audacity. Wasted enough time on this free software. I guess you get what you pay for!

Mike Chavez says:

Very, very helpful.

roniszR says:

I'm not getting a signal from my audio interface! Please help! When I go to the system preferences I can see that the signal is coming through, but I won't come through when I'm on pro Toos 🙁

Shine Time says:

plain and simple…yes…!!! Good teaching!!!

Micah Ortman says: