Episode 025- The Life Lessons From Music Theory

hugepianist.com for tickets to Bellevue, Portland OR, Richland WA
hugepianist.com/subscribe or patreon.com/wdtl to support the show, every bit helps
Watch the stream on Hugepianist.com, Vimeo, YouTube or Twitch!

Send me a Super Chat to ensure I see your comment or by clicking the bear icon on the bottom right of screen or by visiting PayPal.me/FeedtheBear and entering a note with your donation.

Hugepianist.com for tour dates and news.

Comments

Toadley Browne says:

Owen is brilliant! His analogy of music to life is perfect. I need to do some stuff and will be back.

RoseThistleArtworks says:

Owen, have you ever listened to Sargon of Akkad, Carl Benjamin? He is in America and will be in NY for an event coming up soon, like this month. I forget the exact time and date, I'm sorry. You both seem to run in the same sort of youtube circles and have a lot of ideas of freedom in common. I was wondering if your paths have crossed, or not?

Peter S says:

OMG you have to put this on UNN! It's accidently hilarious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISpLDnGH64E

RoseThistleArtworks says:

God is love, sooooo, if a person calls themselves an atheist and they are focused on being loving, they will lead a noble life. Jesus Christ summarized the 10 Commandments by 2. There is something scientific called an epigenome that literally is trees in your brain. Your thoughts make trees of . . . hard to explain, this neuroscientist explains it better than me –> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vsBabX2EMc Basically, thoughts of love and gratitude = green brain trees, negative, fearful, and complaining thoughts = dead black brain trees and it takes 21 days to reroute the thought patterns.
1 John 4:8 KJV He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Matthew 22: 35 KJV Then one of them, [which was] a lawyer, asked [him a question], tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
To see the referenced Scripture within the chapters –> https://www.blueletterbible.org/tools/MultiVerse.cfm?s=003GIO

Peter S says:

Owen LOL "Triangles in the Dirt" Have you ever looked into the power plant theory for the pyramids?

Rob Hoffhines says:

Wow another Messiaen-fan in bear-land! His music ROCKS like no other mid 20thC composer. Check out his Visions de L'Amen. His music sounds like Salvador Dali looks. It may take you 4 listens, but once you get it, it's some amazing music and intense pre-vatican II mystic catholicism. He wrote "Quartet for the end of time" while imprisoned in a German death camp. The organ stuff will tear your head clean off. Was my favorite living composer until he died in '92 , and now alas, there are many dead ones before him in line!

Ever Burning says:

38 minutes is where John Connor's time traveling father changes lives with music.

UBERLADEN69 says:

Kudos fearless leader/person
Thou art a modern prophet & a most honourable man

John Frei says:

And let’s not forget the Nashville Number System!

BLANCO BEAR says:

Moral decline of Generation Z and Millenials

d murphy says:

much love brother keep fighting the good fight!

Tanner Chopp says:

Man I've searched and searched to find the best Info out there regarding this crazy world and you are pretty spot on Owen… thanks keep it up big bear lol

Nybz says:

Love you Ben. You mentioned Twitch – I'm a Twitch Partner and they're pretty strict with any sort of talk about real shit in the universe, like what you do here so I'm not sure if it'd survive for very long which is unfortunate because you're brilliant. If you did do the the Twitch Creative/Music portion you'd absolutely slay via-taking requests for songs since you're god-tier at piano. Keep up the good work man!

Pat Putnam says:

So sad sometimes that I'm tone def… I have trouble hearing the tone difference between minors and majors quite often.