6 Basic Audio Processes in Cubase you Need to Know | Music Production for Beginners 3

Cubase makes it very easy for editing audio files. As the audio samples are imported to the DAW, they become events in the main project window. When you click on them, the waveform becomes visible in the editor below, Some of the most useful editing processes take place in the offline processing window, making for a fast and efficient workflow in your audio production. They include the gain level, normalise (to help maximise loudness but keep the peak level below clipping and distortion) and you can reverse the audio, which is useful for adding dynamics to a verse or chorus. You can adjust the time stretch or pitch shift with one of the advanced algorithms and create fade in and fade out effects, all helping you to quickly and easily work on your music production and sound design.

We hope you find this video entertaining and useful. If you like what you see, please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Thank you.
Your Steinberg YouTube Team

Check out the trial version of Cubase and lay hands on the exciting features Cubase has to offer:

Get more detailed information on Cubase from our website:

Buy Cubase in the Steinberg Online Shop:

Quickly and easily access the most up-to-date manual for your Steinberg product on:

Whether you require assistance with registration and activation/re-activation through our support forums and Knowledge Base support articles or simply want to read the latest support news, you can find all information in one place:

Also make sure to…

Like our Facebook page and stay informed on insights, news, announcements and updates, events and live streams. Follow us on Facebook:

Subscribe to our dedicated Cubase YouTube channel and learn the ropes of using Cubase by watching practical video tutorials and other interesting features:

On Twitter, stay up to date with latest news, updates and special offers anytime and anywhere:

Follow us on Instagram for full picture coverage on launch events, trade shows and other exciting occasions:

Check out our SoundCloud profile and listen to the many demo tracks we’ve got listed there:

Comments

Hijack SONAR says:

the song behind this video? Where can I stream it?

Thewz Garnet says:

Am using 8gb ram in my dell laptop but when I add effects the recorded vocals it start latency it doesn't sound in time, please help

Steven Paszkowski says:

Cubase time stretching is trash, makes everything so grainy

Gustaf key says:

Hello
I just want to ask about latency when mixing in cubase 10.5 especially when using effect in insert, the track starting to delay…I used izotope mostly
I don't find this problem in cubase 7..why is that?..do you have the solution?

patsas patsas says:

Cubase 10 how to rotate a video?

FRANK R ICE COLD says:

i Wish They Would Bring Back The ( Noise Gate ) In Process i Think Cubase 9 Was tHE Last That Had it

Paul Dahmen says:

Peter Radd says:

Cubase is so vast, us old guys can brush up and pick up nice tips with a great video like this. Nice job Andy! 🙂

Chris Robson says:

I love this video! Thank you so much!

Mikael Zakrisson says:

Another great video, I love these tips! Keep 'em coming!

A Green says:

why are the videos private? how are people gonna catch up, playlist name is Music Production for Beginners Part 3 | Tutorials
Cubase 1 / 6, and this video is 6 Basic Audio Processes in Cubase you Need to Know | Music Production for Beginners 2, im slightly confused here any help please pointing me to video 1 of this series

Musicproducer Unik says:

we would appreciate it if you did 60fps recordings, thank you

Sam Levell says:

Someone who works in Cubase please make the glide on the sampler work properly – FL and Logic both have incredible glides, although I think FL studio is better for this. I make alot of hip hop and have seriously debated leaving Cubase behind because of functions like Glide just not being a good enough standard at all, I have looked for about two years to fix the problem and it still hasn't worked. I'm talking about sliding 808's and bass. this is a crutial feature of new music which Cubase doesn't provide well enough. Please fix it.

Jim Griffiths says:

The new offline processing section (F7) saves so much time with things like applying reverse reverb to vocals and other things. Reverse -> Reverence -> Reverse. That's it! Tweaks can be made and processing happens very quickly.

None of the old type of editing, having to bounce down a track, reverse it, apply processing, reverse it again. Then if you need to make tweaks, you have to bounce it down again and repeat. Takes SO long using the old method, which is why I stopped using it.

TOM A says:

Hello

cant fix that problem that happen sudenly
"Application 'LCC2' has caused the following error:

DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed.
Error:Unspecified error"
what to do to fix it
thanks

Rolla Coasta Ride says:

I'm still using Pro 9 version, coz basically, it is still a lot more than I need for my style of recording etc, but one improvement I would like to see, if it still hasn't been done in the 10 versions, is, when you click on an audio event, and it's like a one take, so the event is quite long, say 5 minutes or more, there is a tiny white square that appears at the very centre and top edge of the event, that I use to raise or lower the gain of the event, but is it possible to make the little white square visible in multiples from the beginning of the event, and then at intervals along the top edge throughout the event, so I don't have to scroll along searching for the centre of the event when I need to alter the gain, I use that little white square a lot, it's just my way of doing things, so would it be a pain for the programmers to add multiples of the littles squares, ?, In my opinion, it would be very helpful, anybody else out there agree with me, please reply or thumbs up if you know what I mean, cheers.

theo goslett says:

Who is the host of this video? The fact that he's a fellow Aussie has me very intrigued.

William Bastidas says: