12 Home Studio Necessities #5 – Studio Monitors

Comments

Daniel Jerrehian says:

Agree!

101AOK says:

Too many choices. Where does that leave one? Give me a break! Knowledge is key. Learn from data available and guys like Joe Gilded…oops I mean Guilder…Just kidding Joe, just kidding. You are doing great with real solid BASIC to Intermediate info for those looking for good guidance. Rock on or we’ll hurt cha bad!

101AOK says:

Too many choices. Where does that leave one? Give me a break! Knowledge is key. Learn from data available and guys like Joe Guilded…oops I mean Guilder…Just kidding Joe, just kidding. You are doing great with real solid BASIC to Intermediate info for those looking for good guidance. Rock on or we’ll hurt cha bad!

Fezzler61 says:

KRK Rokit 6 G2 – nice but a bit exaggerate bass response.

Ethan Rhanielle says:

I have a four inch woofer and its still not enough im getting an 8 inch

pughtube08 says:

Looks like you have the Seinheiser HD650s …. I have them also – GREAT cans for mixing/mastering projects. I’d like to get the HD800s but they are way to expensive.

pughtube08 says:

I have the same monitors … they are a bit bass heavy, but if you’ve got decent treatment they work very well.

Amps for Buddha says:

Your thoughts on Mix Cubes? …As I read comments; Personally, I don’t mix with a subwoofer. I think of it like this; No one is listening with a sub, most likely people are listening on their headphones, ear buds or computer speakers. So why invest in one? We can learn to mix without a sub. …Many M-Audio monitors (I’m listening through a pair of BX5a’s) I’ve come across have very defined compressed mids. I’m looking into some Fostex’s which might have better imaging in the same price range.

Temístocles d'Anunciação says:

hey Joe, do you have anything specific to say about the Avid BX5 D2? I’ve never had any studio monitors at all (mixing through headphones and consumer speakers so far), and that’s would be my first choice.

eijoncio says:

im guessing we’ll have an episode on subwoofers

utubehound69 says:

Have you ever mix on the BX8a? If so do you think they are hyped in the bass? Btw I know this basic stuff but one can always pick up nuggets, but this is very nice of you Joe to do helping out the new guys, Great advice.

dandeleon123 says:

I think you’re supposed to angle in your monitors, Joe…just thought you should know. haha jk love the videos!

dhump415 says:

I also have the editors keys shortcut keyboard for Presonus Studio One, a life saver If I can be honest.

dhump415 says:

I got the BX 5 Monitors, first generation, with a KRK 10s Sub ,

Levi L says:

Love your videos man! Great quality and great information