The most ESSENTIAL thing when you’re learning music theory (Ep. 1)

Martin D-42

Voice: Rode NTG4 –

RME Fireface UCX –
Zoom H4N PRO –
Ableton live –

Sony a7R III –

In this series we’re exploring how you can make chords on the guitar yourselves. From a complete beginner, to a player who can freely make, alter, break down and analyze chords. I’ll take you through the steps you need to learn to master these techniques and make them your own. This will greatly benefit your playing and overal knowledge of the instrument and music theory in general.

Alex Trejo says:

Hey Paul! I really appreciate you took the time to make this series, I've been playing for almost 10 years now but never took music lessons, so I got stuck feeling I couldn't improve any more. Learning scales and music theory felt like a natural step I had to take, and your approach to teaching is just fantastic and really clear, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you! I hope by the end of this series I'll be a better guitar player, my dream is to be able to improvise freely over any chord progression. Keep up the great work and sorry for the long post. Cheers from Mexico city!

Where do you live ? (Country, city)

Caio Driesmans says:

" A raised D"
Paul Davids – 2018

L. K. Livingstone says:

You are amazing. This has been the best music theory video. Thank you so much.❤️❤️

Edward Wilson says:

Enjoying not getting stressed with your teaching all day and then trying to do these videos? Your videos are great btw. Glad to learn from you this way, and fun at the same time.

José María Medina says:

Wow. Congrats on going full time on you videos and personal brand. It really shows, you´re glowing and the explanation comes much more natural now. Great video! I'll keep watching!

Brannon Doolin says:

great vid! Marty music did something similar for when I signed the news letter, and it really helped! but this was actually a bit more in depth at the beginning!! so this is better for when your first starting! I've been playing piano for 10 years and this made it easier to start on the b string. pls do a video soon on like basic chords then barre chords! love ya Paul!!

james birch says:

Not one person quoted "and now we're hitting the D" just my childish brain then!